Thursday 15 March 2012

A bit of a challenge

Sticking to the spring theme I thought I'd have a go at a bigger woven bracelet than I'd made before.

I drew up a few design ideas and then took ages to decide which one I was actually going to go with.  I finally made up my mind, something of an achievement I can tell you ;)

Then of course I had to decide on the beads I was going to use which involved a trip to Hobbycraft.  I'm sure they recognise me in there now I spend so long in there.  Fab shop though and I could buy so much if I had the money!

I'm really pleased with the final product which is called "Primrose":-




I also had to work out a different style of clasp for this bracelet as it's wider than the others I've made and the clasps I used for those just wouldn't be suitable.  I scoured various books and websites looking for inspiration and eventually found something which I thought with a couple of variations I would be able to make work.

This is what I eventually used:-




All in all I think it's a success :D

No comments:

Post a Comment